.

Anglers

Bryan and I have spent the last beautiful weathered weekends in Island Park and surrounding areas fly fishing & exploring. I thought I loved normal fishing, but this!! It's 10x's better than sitting on the bank waiting for a poor fish to come by and eat your bait. Fly fishing is like a game- you're taught to know what kind of hatches are rising, what fly to tie on, where to cast, what to look for, how to not 'throw' your line (sometimes I accidentally do that..), learning to balance in the river and not fall in, what Gink is, etc, etc. It's a lot to think about while trying to catch these fish, but boy is it rewarding! I hope Fall lasts forever. I sure have loved each moment in the outdoors. The human spirit always needs places where nature has not been re-arranged by the hand of man.


Mmm, so handsome!
Herriman State Park.
Can you spot my shadow?





No comments: